Krista is at it again with another awesome recipe! Be sure to give it a try, it’s filled with healthy ingredients, great flavor, and is easy to make. Spice up your dinners with this sweet potato chicken soup! If you have any recipes you often use, be sure to send them our way!
1. Put the chicken into a soup pot and cover with water, add a few generous pinches of salt and simmer covered for 25-30 minutes.
2. Cube the sweet potato, slice the onion thin and mince the garlic, chop some cilantro.
3. Bring the sweet potato cubes and enough water to cover them to a boil in a separate pot with a lid, let boil for 5-7 minutes until tender, then drain.
4. Once the chicken is done, remove from the soup pot and set aside to cool. Drain the water and heat 1.5 tbsp. coconut oil in the pot. Cook the sliced onion in the oil for about 10 minutes.
5. Add the garlic, cumin, salt & pepper to taste and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer.
6. Shred your chicken (I tear it by hand).
7. Add the chicken, juice of a lime, tomatoes, and a handful of cilantro to the pot. Turn off the heat and cover.
8. Optional… slice your corn tortillas.
9. Sauté the tortilla strips in coconut oil for about 5 minutes stirring often so they get nice and crispy.
10. Not optional! Prepare the other toppings, chopped cilantro and cubed avocado.
A1: Back Squat @3011; 4 x 3; rest 1 min
A2: Strict Pull-Up @2112; 4 x 2-3; rest 2 min
A1: KB Front Rack Box Step-Up; 3 x 10 per leg; rest 10 sec; rest 30 sec
A2: Push-Up; 5-10; rest 30 sec
A3: Pull-Up Negatives; 3 x 3-5; rest 30 sec
A4: KB Windmill; 3 x 10 per side; rest 10 sec; rest 30 sec
AMRAP in 2:30
150m Row, 15 KB Swing, 10 Box Jump, 15 Goblet Squat
A: 70/53; 24/20; B: 53/35; 24/20; C: 35/26; 20/16